Manufacturing Operator - COATINGS
Job Title:-Manufacturing Operator – COATINGS (6 Positions/ Openings)
Location:-Central islip, New York, USA
CARING FOR LIFE at CIPLA
Global Company Info
Cipla is a leading global pharmaceutical company, dedicated to high-quality, branded and
generic medicines. We are trusted by healthcare professionals and patients across
geographies. Over the last eight decades, we have strengthened our leadership in India’s
pharmaceutical industry and fortified our promise of strengthening our global focus by
consolidating and deepening our presence in the key markets of India, South Africa, the U.S.,
and other economies of the emerging world. Cipla employs handpicked professionals not just
for their knowledge and experience but for their zeal to make a difference to the world of
healthcare. The company believes that our biggest assets are the employees, who lead us to
prosperity and growth in the future. Driven by the vision, none shall be denied, Cipla’s focus
has always been on making affordable, world-class medicines with a reputation for
uncompromising quality standards across the world.
InvaGen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a Cipla subsidiary
InvaGen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., also known as Cipla New York, is engaged in the
development, manufacture, marketing, and distribution of generic prescription medicines
with focus on a range of therapeutic areas, including cardiovascular, anti-infective, CNS, anti-
inflammatory, anti-diabetic, and anti-depressants. The company was founded in 2003 and is
based in Central Islip and Hauppauge, New York. As of February 18, 2016, InvaGen
Pharmaceuticals, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Cipla (EU) Limited.
This position is a Production Operator assigned to support coating. This is an hourly laborer
and individual contributor role that will report to a Front-Line Supervisor. This position may
be based at the Company’s manufacturing units in Hauppauge or Central Islip, New York.
Person should be able to operate Neocota, Xiaolun coating pans independently
There are 6 positions open for Coating:
4 positions open for the Morning Shift (7am - 3.30pm)
2 positions open for the Evening shift (3pm - 11.30pm)
Please confirm and mention what shift is preferred.
• Person should be able to operate Neocota, Xiaolun coating pans independently
• Execute manufacturing processes in accordance with batch manufacturing record
(BMR) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) requirements.
• Perform machine changeovers, cleaning and set up as per SOPs. Ensure the proper area
& equipment cleanliness and setup in stipulated time.
• Prepare a room and equipment for line clearance, replace room filters, Ensure
verification and calibration of balance/scale and check pressure differential for the
• Ensure line clearance before initiating manufacturing activities in each area.
• Receive/transfer material from/to dispensing/manufacturing storage and check
dispensed materials/final mix blend/compressed tablets and labeling as per BMR.
• Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as stated in the SOP/BMR
before initiating process.
• Able to operate applicable equipment independently as per area of operation.
• Troubleshoot and make appropriate adjustments to equipment to maintain
• Ensure adherence to quality standards during all stages of the manufacturing process.
• Complete manufacturing documents on time, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Responsible for training on all relevant SOPs and always maintain compliance with
related SOPs and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the manufacturing
• Perform duties through the proper, safe use of equipment, according to Health & Safety
procedures and Equipment Manuals.
• Flexible to work extended hours, to achieve manufacturing schedule when needed.
• Should maintain discipline and comply with company policies and procedures.
• Should perform entire duties as communicated time to time by department
• Solid mechanical aptitude.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working in industrial environments such as
pharmaceutical manufacturing and related settings.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to clearly communicate in English (verbally and in writing).
• Positive, professional attitude toward work and willingness to cooperate with co-
workers and supervisors.
• Must be able to work different shifts as per organizational requirement and should be
flexible for working additional hours such as overtime and weekends.
• Should not have any restriction to work with powder containing active pharmaceutical
• This position requires the ability to do heavy lifting / bending frequently.
• Long periods of standing up/walking during the working hours; ability to
ascent/decent ladders; and able to lift to 35 pounds.
• Must be able to move pallets/equipment weighing about 200 – 300 kgs using suitable
moving equipment like pallet jacks.