At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Geoscientist to join our Geoscience team on a full-time basis located in London.
The successful candidate will work with our Environmental Group, which consists of professional geoscientists, engineers, environmental specialists and technicians.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Carrying out supporting tasks for preparation of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), including compilation and review of historical and regulatory information, carrying out interviews and completing site visits under the guidance of experienced staff;
- Under guidance from senior staff, participate in a variety of field investigations including: water quality assessments, groundwater level monitoring, aquifer testing, soil and groundwater quality investigations (Phase II ESAs and hydrogeological assessments), wastewater sampling and/or monitoring of site remediation programs (Phase III ESAs);
- Being involved with the coordination and/or execution of various environmental projects at a junior to intermediate level, including environmental due diligence and contaminated site related projects, waste management, demolition and decommissioning;
- Taking part in a broad range of technical services in the field of hydrogeology, including Permit to Take Water applications, groundwater impact assessments, aggregate license applications and resource evaluations, baseline hydrogeological studies, groundwater supply exploration and development; and,
- Assisting project managers with office duties such as data management, analysis and interpretation, report preparation, proposal preparation, and other general office duties.
- Demonstrate a "Safety-First" focus and act as a role model to other staff;
- Work under the supervision of a senior team member, with the opportunity to rapidly assume increasing autonomy and responsibility;
- Liaise with Golder staff external to London, to share with and assist as required;
- Travel nationally or internationally when required to conduct project work;
- Maintain a high standard of behaviour to uphold Golder's reputation and demonstrate a commitment to Golder's Core Values; and,
Perform other tasks as required and be eager to learn.
You will have a background in:
- Bachelor's degree in Geology or Hydrogeology, Civil, Geotechnical or Environmental Engineering;
- Academic qualifications which give the candidate eligibility for professional registration in Ontario (P.Geo. or P.Eng.);
- Relevant field experience is preferred, but consideration will be given to strong candidates who may not fulfill this requirement;
- Familiarity with the regulatory environment in Ontario is an asset;
- Excellent work ethic with strong organization and time management skills;
- Strong team player - ability to work with all levels of an organization;
- Detail oriented with focus on quality of work;
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Flexibility to work extra hours and for business travel when required;
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable, insured vehicle for daily business use;
- Must be fit to wear a respirator; and,
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.