PT - Clerk II - Pacemaker Clinic
Posting #: 2020-854998
Position: Clerk II
Department: Cardiorespiratory Services - Pacemaker Clinic
Status: Part-time (must provide availability of up to a .6 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Friday, Days, 7.5hour shifts (Hours are subject to change based on operational requirements)
This is what you'll be doing:
Front office clerical functions such as patient reception and registration, appointment booking, filing, communication with physicians, staff, patients, and visitors as well as telephone enquiries. Other general office duties.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Medical Office Administration Diploma required and/or
- Minimum of 1 year recent relevantclerical experience in a healthcare setting required
- 30 WPM typing speed required
- Medical terminology certificate required
- Required proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Prioritize workload and function both independently and as a team player in a busy environment
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to diplomatically respond to inquiries from staff, volunteers, patients, family members and members of the general public
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
- Must be physically able to perform the job: prolonged periods of time sitting; standing; walking; and pushing and pulling variety of wheeled equipment.
Date Posted: February 13, 2020
Internal applications due by: February 20, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.