At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join our Laboratory team on a contractual basis based in Whitby.
An overview of your role will include:
- Data entry and reporting of test results
- Handling prebills and invoicing
- Tracking and pursuing late payments
- Coordinating lab testing between Whitby lab and Golder clients
- Filing, copying, scanning, and collating documents
- Inputting and editing data in Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Formatting documents and presentations
- Typing notes/minutes/letters
- Assisting other Administrative Assistants in the office or group as required
You will have a background in:
- 3-5 years administrative experience is preferred
- Graduate of business administration diploma preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite as well as MS Access, experience with SharePoint is an asset
- Experience in Laboratory/consulting business is preferred
- Attention to detail and ownership of delegated tasks
- Excellent organizational skills (record keeping, time management, follow up)
- Good communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing)
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.