At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join our Contaminated Sites team on a contract basis located in Whitby.
An overview of your role will include:
- Administrative support for the Contaminated Sites Group;
- Responsible for typing, formatting, editing and compiling documents including reports, proposals, letters, memorandums, and other correspondence for review, working with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat and following project management audit protocols.
- Arrange for set-up of new project and proposal numerical designations and maintenance of electronic project files;
- Open and administer new sites in SharePoint;
- Submit invoices to clients and follow up on outstanding payments;
- Organize travel requirements (book flight, hotel, car rental) and work together with Golder travel agent;
- Coordination of internal and external meetings including minute taking;
- Assist other administrative staff and teams, including reception, as needed.
You will have to possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience as an administrative assistant, preferably in a consulting environment;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment;
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to take direction and work independently on various tasks;
- Microsoft Word - intermediate to advanced level;
- Microsoft Excel - basic level;
- Adobe Acrobat Professional - Intermediate level; and
- Ability to work overtime, if needed.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.