AMT - Maintenance Extrusion
The Area Reliability Maintenance Technician (AMT) is a critical member of the Area Leadership Team along with the area coordinator and operations team. The AMT is the owner for their area and is responsible for reducing maintenances losses by optimizing proactive maintenance and eliminating unplanned maintenance breakdowns. The AMT coordinates daily planned stops, owns Defect Management (DM), and Breakdown Elimination (BDE) processes including leading RCCA process, FMOS escalation, execution of corrective actions across their area. Additionally, the AMT serves as the spokesperson for the maintenance group within the Area Leadership Team (ALT). The AMT is a technical expert in the assigned area and uses their technical and leadership skills to influence and guide the team utilizing area data.
• Responsible for leading all maintenance activities and resources in an assigned plant or designated area, flawlessly executing planned maintenance shutdowns, leading all area technical continuous improvements and minimizing daily downtime
• Leads RCCA process, determine root causes for production time lost and execute corrective actions to ensure eliminate issues.
• Provides Maintenance Breakdown and Defect Management data in the Value Stream Area Connection Point.
• Supports the development of the daily action plan and reports against work completed for the day. Including work orders, PMs.
• Follow FMOS escalation process for the area, owns escalation actions from the beginning to the end.
• Leads PM and predictive maintenance programs, line maintenance shutdowns, and run-time preventative maintenance
• Works with ALT to develop and execute 90 day plans for reliability losses with primary focus on Maintenance Planned and Unplanned Losses.
• Owns results in reducing reliability losses for Unplanned and Planned Maintenance for area.
• Leads equipment rebuild process and validate results, including manage external contractors for activities in the area.
• Directly responsible for effective and efficient utilization of all maintenance resources allocated to the area; primary ownership of area maintenance budget
• Training maintenance technicians, knowledge sharing with maintenance to upskill maintenance associates
• Builds technical capability of Operating Teams and Equipment Owners to deliver overall line results thru coaching and training.
• Responsible for critical spare parts management for the area
• Continuous improvement for equipment modification, include but not limited design drawing, quotation, execution and vendor management.
• Supports shift based technicians with technical information and expertise in area
• 70% of their time is "on the floor" working in their area. This includes non-wrench time activities such as problem solving, planning, and getting work done through others.
• Owns Defect Management Daily Management System (DMS) and Breakdown Elimination DMS.
• After hour technical support
• Coordinate with area coordinator to develop CI strategy for the area, owns CI actions execution.
• Support other areas in site as needed.
Key Lateral Responsibilities
• Maintenance Team
• Operations Team
• CVS and Engineering Project Teams
Key Critical Competencies
• Strong Electrical and/or Mechanical aptitude
• Significant troubleshooting capability
• Coaching and Developing
• Conflict management
• Teaming Skills
Key Technical Knowledge and Skills
• 5-10 years of manufacturing experience as licensed millwright or electrician with significant understanding of plant and manufacturing operations
• Food safety, ISO, HACCP, Food processing and materials conversion
• Proven ability to optimize equipment to meet or exceed product specifications, schedule, and planned rates
• Excellent technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Organizational and time management skills
• Follow all safety procedures
• Role model of safety execution
Quality and Food Safety
Utilizing knowledge of Q&FS systems. The associate ensures Food Safety requirements are effectively performed. This includes training of other associates on the Food Safety & Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), ensuring CCP monitoring is in effect and continuous improvement of the process with any changes to our working environment is practiced.
Critical Learning Experiences
• Demonstrated ability to continuously improve an area/equipment operation
• Clear ability to relate to, motivate, and effectively train people
• Expert analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office and Agility
• Excellent Technical/Functional skills with proficiency in maintaining all assets and machine components for area of responsibility