CorTech is looking to hire an Assembler in Horsham, PA
Assembles electronic and mechanical components, subassemblies, products, or systems, which include soldering together components to assemble fabricated metal items, as specified by work orders, diagrams, or layout.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: include the following:
• Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
• Performs basic to moderately complex assembly tasks.
• Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
• Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
• May refer to technical drawings, engineering notices and/or specifications; reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Team Leader or Supervisor.
• Reassembles or reworks (solder) units as required.
• Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
• May rotate to other workstations in the unit.
• Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time.
• Ability to follow workplace safety standards and company policies and procedures.
• Ability to work in a team setting and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity to work with small parts. Work is typically performed at a bench and may include walking or standing some of the time.
• Basic computer skills.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include but are not limited to: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. When required, but be able to lift a minimum of 5 pounds and up to 50 pounds.