Associate Generalist, Human Resources
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset. As the Associate Generalist, Human Resources, you will play a key role in ensuring that we continue to encourage, support and retain our employees. You'll be responsible for the full scope of Human Resources (HR) activities, including hiring and staffing, training and development, compensation and benefits, and health and safety. You'll also manage various HR projects, communicate employment laws and regulations, and maintain a union-free work environment. If you're looking for a great career with a dynamic global company, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including extended health benefits (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Work closely with the operations team providing counsel and guidance regarding policies, procedures and state and federal regulatory compliance requirements; keep management and operations informed of internal and external HR developments that may impact overall effectiveness
- Facilitate new hire orientation and ensure a positive onboarding experience
- Guide managers and supervisors in appropriate and fair human resources practices; assist supervisors with performance management including delivering disciplinary action for hourly employees
- Maintain associate personnel files, ensure documents and manuals are kept current, accurate, confidential and in compliance with company policies and government regulations
- Partner with leave administrator and management team to effectively administer and track leave programs including short-term disability, worker's compensation, FMLA and personal leaves
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- Experience working with HRIS and time/attendance systems
- Knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, including federal and state employment and benefits laws
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
It'd be great if you also have:
- 1 year of HR experience
- Professional HR certification
- Bilingual English/French
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Accommodation email must include:
• Your name
• Job title with location (city/province) and requisition ID
• A clear description of the disability accommodation that you are seeking