Associate Relations Manager
Associate Relations Manager
The AR Manager will serve as the point of contact for associate relations issues and inquires within an identified cross-segment, cross-functional client group. Responsibilities include building trust, credibility and collaborative relationships with line managers and associates. Apply expertise and sound judgement when managing inquiries, mitigating risk and minimizing adverse impact to the organization through application of policies, practices and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements. Resolve issues and address client needs to ensure situations are resolved fairly, objectively, and in a manner that aligns with our Five Principles and the Associate Concept.
What are we looking for?
- University degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources, Labor/Industrial Relations, Legal
- Minimum five years of experience working in Human Resources/Labor Relations
- Strong communication, written and interpersonal skills; ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals across all levels of the organization
- Deep knowledge in applicable employment and labor relations regulations
- Ability to rapidly mobilize and manage internal and external resources to mitigate risks to the Mars business and reputation
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work effectively while managing competing projects and/or demanding clients
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Responsible for evaluating and managing site/function Associate Relations issues and concerns
- Conduct timely, thorough, and effective investigations relating to company policy or employment law, collective bargaining agreements, and other regulations.
- Identify complex and high-risk situations, providing assessment and recommendation to Sr. AR Manager.
- Coach line managers on performance management, appropriate documentation and communicating effectively to drive improvement
- Deliver and ensure compliance to Associate Relations capability building programs.
- Coach and advise line managers, associates and P&O partners in matters related to associate relations.
- Consult and provide guidance to Business Partners to ensure org initiatives and associate impacts comply with policies, practices and employment law.
- Create recommendations for site leadership teams leveraging AR data and analytics
What can you expect from Mars?
- Chance to work on world-renowned brands such as m&m's, Ben's Original, Pedigree and Royal Canin within Mars Canada.
- An industry competitive salary
- The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please review Mars Canada's Accessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy to MarsCanada.Accessibility@effem.com.