About the company
MSD is an attractive employer that offers interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments. Among their employees are biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators. MSD’s goal is to employ the ‘best in class’ employees at every level. MSD expects a lot from their employees and has a lot to offer as well. Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership skills and cross-border communication skills are among those MSD values most.
In this full-time position, you will be working Monday through Friday during regular office hours.
This is Manpower
There are benefits to working through employment agency Manpower! First of all, we will contact you shortly after you apply for one of our vacancies. This means you can start your new job as soon as possible. You will also get free access to Studytube, our online training platform. Here you can develop new skills or brush up on your old ones to keep yourself in tip-top shape for tomorrow’s job market! After working via Manpower for six months, you will also start accruing pension.
Are you looking for a scientific job in which you will be working with colleagues from lots of different backgrounds? As an associate scientist at MSD you will be planning and executing experiments to develop new processes. This is a full-time position that requires knowledge of USP and DSP technology. Your expertise will be rewarded with a salary between €16.13 and €21.51 per hour, travel cost reimbursement and pension accrual. Are you interested in this vacancy? If so, keep reading!
Employment agency Manpower is looking for an associate scientist for MSD Boxmeer.
What will you be doing?
Your role takes place in a multidisciplinary environment. You will work closely with (international) colleagues in Research & Development, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory and Supply Chain departments. You will be performing the following tasks:
- Planning, executing and reporting experiments contributing to a process development or investigational project for bacteriological antigen production
- Developing technology and validation of USP and DSP, including new alternatives for current processes
- Providing process engineering and technical knowledge in projects and research on production related topics
- Reporting and presenting project updates
- Interacting closely with colleagues in own and other departments
- Participating in Global BTS projects and aligning with stakeholders from other departments
- Maintaining equipment and performing general laboratory tasks
What's in it for you?
- Gross salary between €16.13 and €21.51 per hour
- Reimbursement of travel expenses at €0.19 per kilometre, maximum of €9.50 per working day
- Full-time job of 40 hours a week
- Opportunity to apply for a permanent contract
- Pension accrual through Manpower after 26 weeks’ work
- Free access to E-learning platform Studytube via Manpower
- Fluent in Dutch or the willingness to learn Dutch, and excellent communication skills in English, for the purpose of communicating with colleagues and documenting your work
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of bioprocess engineering, microbiology, bacteriology or similar
- At least five years of working experience as a scientist or similar
- Experience working in a biopharmaceutical production or laboratory environment
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience regarding USP and DSP technology for bacteria or cells at laboratory and manufacturing scale
- Able to apply for a Code of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag or VOG) at your local municipality
If you have quality management and/or GMP knowledge in the biopharmaceutical industry, this is a bonus but not mandatory! Experience in SAP or Lean Sigma Six is a similar advantage. You preferably also live in or near Boxmeer, Cuijk, Overleen, Venray or Bergen.
How to apply
- Apply online via the “Solliciteer direct” button
- To speed up the application process, please send your CV and motivation in English
- Fill out the questionnaire that appears after you have logged in and written down your motivation (without your answers we are not able to further process your application)
- The local Manpower office will contact you for an interview by phone or a live interview at Manpower
- Possibly, a job interview will be scheduled with you
2806,00-3742,00 bruto per maand
Wil je meer informatie of heb je vragen over deze vacature, neem dan contact op met Robin van Loon via email@example.com of bel (088) 282-8128.
Bijna niets in het leven is voor mensen zó essentieel als het vinden en behouden van zinvol werk. Wat dit betekent, is voor iedereen anders. Manpower biedt tijdelijke, flexibele en vaste banen. Onder meer binnen de financiële en zakelijke dienstverlening, overheid, klant contact centra, logistiek en productie. Het is onze passie om mensen verder te helpen. Dat doen we met een enorme gedrevenheid. We helpen je om succesvol te zijn bij een sollicitatie en dagen je uit om je te (blijven) ontwikkelen. Eerlijkheid vinden we belangrijk; we zijn transparant, staan open voor feedback en we doen wat we beloven.