Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to the Automotive division of Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Automotive Administrator to join one of our team in Hamilton, ON.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Pension plan with company match
- Opportunity for career growth and stability
- Handle complex clerical operations within the Automotive group across departments from Sales, Procurement, and Accounting to resolve discrepancies, and ensure accuracy flow on data, and clerical issues between departments.
- Use AS400 to compare physical counts against inventory records by comparing system transactions to reconcile inventory; report discrepancies and escalate appropriately.
- Devaluations, and reclassifying material to make sure appropriate branch locations own the material, and proper value of material applied.
- Working in AS400 Order Cost Maintenance interface – for adjusting freight charges, purchase reserve, scrap credits, and other miscellaneous adjustments necessary.
- Tracking relevant metrics.
- Strong attention to detail essential for completing regular reports requiring a depth of analysis – and follow up to ensure completion and accuracy.
- Handles investigating and monitoring external customers and/or suppliers to solve non-routine problems.
- Working in the FORD eRMA program to ensure accurate supply chain transactions taking place across supply network – specifically checking for mill claims in the Ford network.
- Regular review of outside processing vendors invoices to validate inventory reconciliation – report out discrepancies to appropriate parties.
- Review outside processing/storage invoices to ensure inventory/product did get processed at vendors, and appropriate cost assigned on invoices and charges consistent.
- Interact on a regular basis with all Samuel Automotive locations, customers, and outside vendors.
- Ensure all necessary information is relayed back to relevant team members.
- Demonstrated ability in MS Office Applications & Excel.
- A team player with excellent communication skills to provide a high degree of customer service in a demanding Automotive market.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and perform functions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understanding of steel & metals specifications for automotive applications.
- Working knowledge of AS400 is an asset.
- High School or Community College diploma preferred, or otherwise, job related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in the Metals industry.