a&o bestaat sinds 18 jaar en exploiteert 34 hotels in 20 steden in o.a. Nederland, Duitsland, Oostenrijk, Italie en Tsjechie. a&o biedt accommodatie aan in meerbedkamers in haar hostels en tweepersoonskamers in haar twee sterren hotels tegen een zeer aantrekkelijk tarief, altijd centraal gelegen en daarom voor iedereen geschikt. Kinderen onder de 18 jaar verblijven kostenloos en is daarom zeer in trek bij families.
De individuele hostels and hotels zijn gestandariseerd en ontvangen support van het hoofdkantoor in Berlijn vanuit de afdelingen reserveringen, call center, finance, marketing en sales en ontvangen ook input vanuit het regiomanagement en de directie.
a&o: we are simple, honest and always with a smile. Since 2000 we are expanding Europe-wide, true to our mission EVERYONE CAN TRAVEL. With more than 30 houses in over 20 cities we are Europe's biggest hostel provider, making our mission a reality! All our sites realize a standardized concept and are supported by our headquarters in Berlin.
Flat hierarchies and a culture of open feedback make the foundation of our work environment shaped by dynamics, growth, and innovation. With that, we offer ideal career opportunities for everyone, whether expert or career changer. We emphasize to treat each other in a fair, social, and responsible way. Because together, not only working is more fun – but also success.
Bar Employee (m/f/x)
as of now – hours to be discussed – in Amsterdam
- At the bar your job is to serve hot and cold drinks and snacks, as well as to prepare cocktails
- To ensure all our guests enjoy their stay at a&o, you will cater to their needs and offer tourist information
- Ensuring that our guest are satisfied and that hygiene-standards are always kept
- Receiving training (naturally cost-free for you!) for all the areas you may work in is part of your job
Salary and Benefits
- You have experience in the bar area or a finished education in hospitality or tourism
- Of course you are driven by a great sense of responsibility for the tasks you are given
- You are a team player – working in a team, or leading it, comes natural to you
- Even in shifts starting as early as 7am or ending late at 3am, it is easy for you to stay friendly, highly motivated and service-minded
- Since shifts might start early or end late, living in Amsterdam or surrounding residential areas is ideal
- You are 20 years or older, and able to work flexible hours and shifts (weekends, holidays, etc.)
- Good English skills are a must, Dutch skills are highly preferred, the knowledge of additional languages is an advantage (preferably a modern European language like German)
- An exciting, responsible job in one of the top-innovators amongst Hostel-providers is expecting you
- You can experience an team-oriented work-environment with loads of room for developing and implementing your own ideas and your personal growth
- Short decision-making-processes and open communication are a major benefit of your new working-context
- The position is also suitable for (foreign) university students
- Profit from our attractive staff benefits programme, by (i.e.) free accommodation in all a&o's, a wide range of subsidized cultural and recreational offers and events
- Of course we offer fruits and vegetables as well as drinks on a daily basis
- Additionally: language courses, company pension-programmes, trainings, sports, etc.
Are you that good-humored, service minded and hospitable person we are looking for? We are very happy to receive your application (resume, earliest possibly starting-date).