Business Analyst, IT - 6 Month Contract
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
The Senior Business Analyst will be part of the Technology team working on a Datacenter Migration project. The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for establishing relationships and engaging with key business partners and the Datacenter Migration project team members. Working with stakeholders to collect and document current business processes, systems and technology used within the Datacenter landscape and recommend options for migrating to new datacenter or cloud based solutions. This is a six month contract position with a possible 3 to 6 month extension.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Collecting and documenting current business processes, systems and technology used within existing datacenter landscape
- Gathering detailed business requirements for systems currently used with the existing datacenter landscape.
- Work with the project team to analyze and explain migration options and solutions
- Advising and assisting with implementing migration approaches and solutions
- Identifying and developing relationships with stakeholders
- Working with all impacted to conduct interviews and workshops to fully explore and document the extent of impacts into technology, process, training and change
- Working with the Platform Infrastructure manager to ensure certain project management functions are completed
- Collecting, analyzing and documenting business requirements, systems and technology.
- Evaluating data collections through task analysis, business process, surveys and workshops.
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents.
- Communicating effectively with external parties and internal teams to formulate functional requirements.
- Documenting the results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate stakeholders
- Coordinating with business stakeholders who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions
- Manage change requests related to project plans to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Act as an interface between business units, technology teams and support teams to ensure a smooth flow of communication.
- Adhere to formalized business analysis techniques to ensure standard methodology is achieved
Key Performance Indicators:
- Assist with the creation, updating and distribution of appropriate documentation relating to the change management framework.
- Personally demonstrate alignment with GHD's core values of Team, Respect and Integrity.
- Provide mentoring and support in your areas of expertise to other team members
- 100% compliance to GHD’s IS standards, policies and procedures
- Maintain good working relationships with business partners
- Successful documentation of current state business processes, applications and technology
- Provide weekly updates to the Platform Infrastructure Manager on project schedule, prioritized work, identified issues/risks and other appropriate matters
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years on BA roles in a large and/or complex environment
- Experience with Datacenter migration projects, documenting current state and desired migration states
- Experience and technical understanding of IT Infrastructures, including Compute, Storage, Network and Security
- Experience and technical understanding of core IT applications and systems, including Active Directory, Microsoft SQL, File Services, IIS
- Experience and skills in prioritizing and managing projects/tasks
- Proven ability to organize, analyze and communicate information and ideas logically, formulate appropriate solutions to problems and issues.
- Superb communication and facilitation skills
- Strong negotiation, critical thinking, problem solving, change management and customer support/training skills.
- Ability to operate with a reasonable degree of autonomy and accountability to deliver on a given high level direction or instruction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- Microsoft Certifications a plus
- VMWare Certifications a plus
- Cisco Networking Certifications a plus
We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee owned company, a professional working environment with career development potential and a competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience in a privately held, quality driven and client focused company.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.