Business & Risk Controller/Financial data analyst
For a European project-based engineering organisation, we are looking for a Business & Risk Controller who will further support their growth operationally and strategically with a thorough economic and financial analysis. Our client’s organisation has grown exponentially in 10 years time and is now ready to consolidate this growth, to scale-up and ensure a stable operationalisation in terms of budget and risk management.
Our client is looking for a Business & Risk Controller who can use and further develop the existing budget and risk evaluation framework for the programmes and projects and who can ensure that it is implemented properly and anchored within the organisation:
- You are responsible for the periodical (monthly/quarterly/yearly) closing of financial statements based on the forecasted results of the individual projects.
- Using the Excel outputs of our project software, you are able to analyse and evaluate at these moments where the organisation stands from a financial perspective. You analyse the budget performance of projects and departments and report to the Finance Manager.
- You further develop the methodological framework and process for assessing and mitigating risks. On a strategic level, you evaluate the risks and their mitigation, report on them to the Committee of Directors and cooperate with them for mitigation.
- You further optimise existing project management guidelines and ensure proper implementation by the internal PMOs and programme managers
- You have a Master degree in Economics, Business Administration/Management, or engineering, etc.
- You have affinity with accounting principles
- You have experience with budget forecasting and financial analysis of projects or programmes in a project consultancy context
- You have a very good knowledge to “data crunch” a large number of project performance data by means of Excel and you have a good knowledge of MS Office overall
- Experience with IT applications for budget follow-up of projects and their functionalities is a big plus
- Experience with project management is a plus
- You are communicative and you have the leadership to “walk the talk” and inspire your colleagues
- You have a very good level of English (both orally and in writing); a good level of French is a plus
- You work in a structured manner.
- You are capable to set priorities, you are detail-oriented yet with a helicopter view
- You are stress-resistent and you can handle peak workloads
- A permanent contract
- Very attractive salary package and extra-legal advantages
- A work experience in a very well respected European project organisation as part of a dynamic Finance team