Business Support Administrator & Receptionist
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
• Answer calls and maintain a quick response rate.
• Point of contact regarding the Concur Travel System and annually negotiate corporate rates with local hotels
• Ensure compliance to the FLIR GTC Visitor Policy, facilitating the necessary security checks by FLIR hosts prior to receiving of visitors.
• Efficient distribution of incoming mail and faxes, also preparation of outgoing mail, use of couriers such as DHL may need to be arranged.
• Be the point of contact and co-ordinate the booking of the company meeting rooms.
• Arrange and book taxis and local hotel accommodation (for outside visitors).
• Arrange secure waste collections.
• Order and maintain relevant stationery supplies for effectiveness of office.
• Update and communicate to staff key employee weekly diaries.
• Custodian of the First Aid Report Book; ensure all reports are passed to HR Manager.
• Areas of responsibility in the Gas Leak and Fire Evacuation Procedure.
• Organise office working lunches and refreshments.
• Document scanning.
• Compiling Training Manuals.
• Monitoring & reporting ‘quality issues to the ‘Quality Manager.
• Co-ordinating requisition requests for final authorisation & sign off by the buyer.
• Maintaining & reporting any problems that may arise within the in-house facilities.
• Assist Service Department booking service diary dates and starting Returns Material Authorisation (RMA) process.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and customers.
• Perform other administrative tasks as assigned and for other departments as needed.
The ideal candidate will be educated to a minimum GCSE level or above. You will be a self-starter, able to work on your own initiative and with minimum supervision. You will be adaptable to working as part of a team or individually, and will be a highly capable user of MS Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Key Candidate Requirements - Essential:
• Sound administration and organisation skills.
• Computer literate, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• A willing and helpful attitude to assist all Company personnel and visitors.
• Competent in the use of telephone systems.
• Front Office NVQ or equivalent.
• Previous receptionist experience.
• Working knowledge of Inter-tel phone system.
• Experience of SAP and Concur.
• Interpersonal Awareness
• Concern for Impact
• Positive Self Image
• Computer literate
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.