At least a 10 month position
EDUCATION--Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field, or 5 years of experience in related categories/services/contracts may be considered in lieu of.
The Buyer will report solid line to the Indirect Purchasing Manager for Americas COE, and is responsible for all aspects related to the purchase of indirect goods and services in support of assigned categories of spend. Will protect the Company’s interests by reviewing and utilizing appropriate contract terms and conditions and contract templates.
Thoroughly understands and adheres to client Sourcing Policies and Procedures, Procurement Compliance requirements, and Code of Conduct standards. Effectively interacts with multiple departments at all levels of internal and external organizations and professionally resolves problems in a fair and ethical manner. All Senior Buyer(s) will assist the Category Manager and Purchasing Manager in driving all indirect goals and initiatives, and will be responsible to find, develop, and recommend actions to exceed all Americas COE goals and initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Negotiate with suppliers
• Evaluate and compare total cost of procurement to ensure best value is obtained.
• Interact with multiple departments at all levels of internal and external organizations and professionally to resolve problems in a fair and ethical manner.
• Assist the Category Manager and Purchasing Manager in driving all indirect goals & initiatives, and recommend actions to exceed all goals and initiatives.
• Purchase Order placement in support of assigned categories of spend.
• Support internal customer requirements.
• Ensure equitable opportunity for qualified suppliers.
• eAuction and RFx (Ariba System).
• Analyze competitive bids and formulate purchase recommendation.
• Control costs and obtain savings by using target pricing, reverse auctions, negotiations, and benchmarking.
• Consult with Category Managers, Queue Owners, Purchasing Managers and Requisitioners to identify cost saving projects/opportunities.
• Calculate reportable and non-reportable savings, and document in I-Save
• Conduct Price Analysis
• Meet or exceed established goals and objectives.
• Leverage xSBG like spend as opportunities arise.
• Provide as needed guidance to other buyers as requested.
• Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by management
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field, or 5 years of experience in related categories/services/contracts may be considered in lieu of.
• Minimum of 3 years of procurement experience
• Demonstrated competencies in the sourcing of Indirect materials and services
• Knowledge of Indirect Categories and Indirect Agreement/Preferred Suppliers
• Excellent inter-personal skills, ability to manage by influence
• Effective communicator: oral and written
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of software
• Experience with e-business procurement solutions
• Ability to analyze, organize, and report data
• Self-starter: understand and anticipate what needs to be done and take required action
Desired Additional Qualifications:
• Sage Pro ERP system experience
• MBA is a plus.
• Professional Certification desired (CPM, CPIM)