Climate Change Specialist
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Ltd. is seeking a Climate Change Specialist , to join our Atmospheric Services Team at the Mississauga office.
As a key member of Golder's Climate Change Technical Community, you will use your climate change skills by working closely with management and other discipline teams.
An overview of your role will include:
- Written and oral communication both within multi-disciplinary teams and with clients
- Project and proposal management, including (but not limited to) project finances, schedule, deliverables, and leading multi-disciplinary teams, as well as client/sub-contractor relationship management
- Business development, including developing marketing plans, tools and initiatives with senior staff members and climate change team.
- Work under the direction of senior staff to complete business plan objectives at the local, regional and global scale
- Other duties as assigned
You will have a background in:
- Post-secondary degree in hydrology, meteorology or atmospheric science (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) or demonstrated expertise in the consulting field
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in applied meteorology, hydrology or climate change analysis working in a team environment
- Strong statistics background, preferably with demonstrated experience in statistical methods for data infilling and trend analysis
- Experience with climate change models and data portals, preferably with demonstrated experience in statistical and dynamical downscaling
- Experience with probable maximum precipitation, rainfall statistics calculations, evapotranspiration and other climate indices for both current and future climate conditions
- Experience driving mesoscale meteorological models for future climate conditions would be considered an asset
- Experience summarizing and presenting results with an emphasis on written communication
- Must have strong computer skills including shell scripting skills (e.g., Matlab, R, Fortran, Python, Linux) and data management and processing skills related to model output (e.g., familiarity with NETCDF file formats)
- Must have strong familiarity with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.