Construction Estimator (Civil)
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Construction Estimator to join our Construction division on a Full Time basis based in Mississauga .
The role includes applying construction field experience in responding to internal and external requests for proposals, managing formal tenders submissions and cost estimates. The right candidate will be trained to review/prepare estimates with HCSS Heavy Bid software, ensuring all proposals comply with Golder's estimating procedures. An estimator will cooperatively interact with various Engineers and Designers to develop high quality, cost estimates, schedules and provide constructability feedback on client proposals
The Construction Estimator will also be responsible for the following:
- Learning Golder estimating procedures and HCSS Heavy Bid estimating software;
- Developing efficient scopes of work with both internal and external clients;
- Preparation of construction engineering cost estimates;
- Preparation of hard dollar cost proposals and formal tenders;
- Contributing to proposal language and text for both internal and external clients;
- Soliciting and reviewing subcontractor and supplier quotations;
- Preparation of construction schedules;
- Application of Golder's risk management procedures for all cost estimates;
- Training and mentoring junior staff; and,
- Assisting senior staff with business development.
The successful candidate(s) will possess the following qualities, strengths and requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant field construction experience in supervision and/or QA/QC;
- Experience in cost tracking, managing and directing earthworks and civil engineering projects;
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering or relevant program;
- Solid ability to communicate construction know-how through proposal wording;
- Experienced liaison with Clients and Consultants, suppliers and subcontractors;
- Well-versed in Contractor's Health & Safety requirements, as well as site administration and record-keeping procedures;
- Knowledge of standard project management software (Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, Estimating software, etc.);
- Knowledge of HCSS construction software (e.g. Heavy Bid and/or Heavy Job) is valuable but is not essential
- Solid written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly motivated;
- Ability to work in a collegial environment;
- Strong people skills and team player
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 13 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.