Customs and Logistics Analyst
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Customs & Logistics Analyst
Global Trade Compliance
Supporting Government & Defense Business Unit
Location West Malling, Kent
Part-time 24 hours a week
The World's Sixth Sense FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes technologies that enhance perception and awareness. We bring innovative sensing solutions into daily life through our thermal imaging systems, visible-light imaging systems, locator systems, measurement and diagnostic systems, and advanced threat detection systems. Our products improve the way people interact with the world around them, enhance public safety and well-being, increase energy efficiency, and enable healthy and entertained communities. Pioneers in thermal imaging, we were founded in 1978, originally providing infrared imaging systems that were installed on vehicles for use in conducting energy audits. Today our advanced systems and components are used for a wide variety of thermal imaging, situational awareness, and security applications, including airborne and ground-based surveillance, condition monitoring, navigation, recreation, research and development, manufacturing process control, search and rescue, drug interdiction, transportation safety and efficiency, border and maritime patrol, environmental monitoring, and chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosives threat detection.
This position is responsible for assisting the Logistics Manager in ensuring that all company shipping activities and customs processes are managed efficiently and in accordance with established corporate policies and procedures.
All functions shall be performed in accordance with Company ISO 9001:2000 Quality Procedures, with the goal of achieving the Company Management Business and Quality Objectives as are regularly set out, communicated and monitored in FLIR Systems Quality Management Objectives.
- Support import/export compliance to ensure smooth customs clearance transactions
- Manage the carnets held at the UK facility
- Track and report status of all imports and exports
- Documenting/logging international receipts
- Ensure compliance with related record keeping requirements for all imports/exports of material, products and shipments
- Create shipping documentation (AWB’s)
- Work with approved Freight Forwarders to ensure all documentation is supplied to ship products
- Maintain records of Loan & Demo equipment exported for customer demonstrations and trade shows
- Track status of export transactions
- Provide shipment notifications and pre-alerts to assure timely clearance and receipts for all international shipments
- Able to apply correct Incoterms to manage risk/responsibilities for each transaction
- Assures all company shipping activities are processed efficiently to minimize cost
- Request approval to ship from HMRC (SIEL)
- Assisting with logistics issues
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Good communication skills
- Can work under pressure
The opportunity is open to applicants until 6 December 2019, interviews will be held on 10 December 2019.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.