Diagrams Engineer/ Piping and Instrumentation Specialist
Nouvall Engineering Services is gespecialiseerd in projectondersteuning voor de (petro)chemische Industrie. Wij leveren hierin expertise op het gebied van Engineering, Project Management, Maintenance, Shutdowns, Construction en Safety.
For a client within shipbuilding industry, we are looking for a Diagrams Engineer/ Piping and Instrumentation Specialist
As Diagrams Engineer/ Piping and Instrumentation Specialist, you will design all existing pipeline systems onboard vessels. In this role, your responsibilities will include the following:
- creating one-line piping diagrams for cooling water, fuel, bilge and ballast systems, etc
- preparing the necessary calculations, and specifying fittings and instrumentation
- calculating pipe diameter and thickness
- tracking versions of the package during the detailed engineering, construction and commissioning phase
- processing individual installation instructions
- specifying necessary components based on construction specifications and standard regulations.
As Diagrams Engineer/ Piping and Instrumentation Specialist you will also set up technical specifications, receive and assess quotes, and make final decisions in cooperation with the purchasing department and WTB lead engineers. In addition, you will be responsible for inspection by classification agencies and/or customers.
To be eligible for this position of Diagrams Engineer/ Piping and Instrumentation Specialist, you must have the following:
- good command of preferably Dutch and English
- higher vocational education (HBO) or secondary level of education (MBO) in mechanical engineering (WTB) - supplemented with relevant training and work experience
- at least three years of relevant work experience
- experience with (shipbuilding) engineering and Cadmatic software experience is an advantage
- knowledge of the regulation of classification agencies and international authorities
- ability to initiate research and technical progress and awareness of technical developments in the field