Director, Facilities & Infrastructure Renewal
Position: Director, Facilities & Infrastructure Renewal
Department: Redevelopment and Facilities
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7.5 hour day shifts (subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare is a state-of-the-art facility that takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton Region.
We take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of ourcommunity's growing and aging population. We are adistinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
This position is responsible for routine and preventative maintenance of all building systems and related equipment at the Northern sites of Halton Healthcare. The individual is also responsible for overseeing the construction of all major hospital projects at all three sites (Oakville, Milton and Georgetown campuses).
This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Redevelopment & Facilities and is a key member of the Redevelopment Office team. The individual plays an integral role in bringing a broad understanding of planning, construction, and facilities maintenance to Halton Healthcare. The individual must have an understanding of the organizational, operational, and clinical perspectives and how they relate to planning, construction, and facilities processes across all Halton Healthcare sites. Proactive implementation of preventative maintenance and risk mitigation strategies to prolong useful life of building infrastructure and ensure reliability of critical building systems and emergency services such as emergency backup generators, medical air and fire protection systems across the Milton District and Georgetown hospitals. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- ultimate accountability for the safety of patients through operational optimization of the building environment.
- asset management responsibilities include accountability for an accurate and current Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- identification and implementation strategies for minimizing greenhouse gas consumption and reducing energy costs.
- ensuring that Halton Healthcare is in compliance with all building policies & procedures, safety and emergency codes and acts in the role of Heliport Manager for three Halton Healthcare Heliports.
- prepared for regular on-call responsibilities for facilities-related issues.
- provide expert technical advice to the corporate and annual capital planning process.
- assist hospital users in understanding the planning process, the submittals, contract documents and understanding the potential ramifications of planning decisions on the eventual construction impact on hospital workflow and processes.
- ensuring that all redevelopment deliberations, decisions, and activities consider and respect any Board directed vision, guiding principles, the philosophy of patient and family focused care, the Hospital’s clinical users, input from patient family advisors and organizational subject matter experts.
- responsible for project execution, specifically direct management and execution of the project through bidding, implementation phases, construction including commissioning and close-out.
- day-to-day management of the procurement and construction activities ensuring patient, family and staff safety is protected at all times during the delivery of a project.
- act as an administrative resource and advisor to the Board, the Senior Leadership Team and the administrative working committees for the Hospital.
- developing frameworks and reporting to guide the successful implementation of projects including effective change management and scope control.
- directs the administration and management of all Government funded programs related to infrastructure renewal. For example, Ministry of Health HIRF and HEEP programs.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Degree in Engineering or Technical Designation with at least 5 years experience is preferred.
- At least 5 years related experience (ie, working within a support services department of a large hospital preferably in a Maintenance Management and or construction role)
- Experience in dealing with MOHLTC, Municipalities and other regulatory bodies.
- Experience and previous involvement working with a team in the planning of a large scale new or renovated healthcare facility.
- Ability to work with multiple initiatives and understand the interrelation of the many ‘moving parts’ as they affect the delivery of the project.
- An ability to view the organization from a broad context and understand the complexity and interdependent nature of patient care processes and the impact and implications of decisions on the quality of patient care or service provision.
- Leadership values and a personal presence that inspires confidence, credibility and demonstrates mature judgment.
- Knowledge of Boilers, Chillers, Heating Ventilation & Refrigeration systems, Medical Gas systems, Fire alarm systems, Nurse Call systems, Elevators etc.
- Demonstrated skill with respect to project coordination and implementation of detailed project specifications with multi-user groups.
- Demonstrated experience implementing comprehensive preventative maintenance programs
- Experience managing in a unionized environment
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting.
- Proven planning, organizational, leadership and communication skills.
- Experienced in working in partnership with vendors, distributors, staff and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to motivate, inspire and facilitate teamwork.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and maintenance management software.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience with Facilities and hospital construction.
Date Posted: May 21, 2020
Internal applications due by: May 28, 2020
Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.