Director, Information & Communication Technology
Halton Healthcare Posting #: 2020-865344
Position: Director, Information & Communication Technology
Department: Information & Communication Technology
Status: Temporary Full-time (approx. 6-9 months)
Site: OTMH with travel to other sites as required
At Halton Healthcare you will thrive in a health care culture and environment that embraces inclusion, high performance and flexibility with ‘exemplary patient care, always’ at the heart of everything we do.
We empower our people to be the very best they can be so they can make a difference for our patients and the communities we serve. It’s an exciting time to join Halton Healthcare with the completion of our major redevelopment projects. Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital opened its doors in December 2015 and Milton District Hospital completed a significant addition to its clinical space in October 2017.
Halton Healthcaretakes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we arecommitted to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions.
The Director, Information & Communication Technology (ICT) is responsible for the planning, procurement, development, implementation and support of all information and communication technology (including biomedical devices and their integration to our systems), leading organization wide systems improvement using innovative practices and tools, and driving operational excellence. The Director, ICT will contributeto creating a safe and healthy patient-centred environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers, and others while working in compliance with the Hospital code of conduct and policies.
This role is accountable for ensuring that online and customer care service delivery processes are efficient and cost effective to reduce costs and streamline the process without adversely impacting the client experience. This will require evaluation of processes to reduce complexity and/or eliminate non-value-added features or steps. An emphasis should be placed on the efficient delivery of hardware and software services.
Consistently assess customer feedback and data analytics to make necessary improvements. This will involve setting customer satisfaction metrics and goals, including measuring the total customer experience. The Director is responsible for conducting additional research and taking steps to correct deficiencies when targets are not met.
- Responsible for coordinating organization wide strategic and tactical planning for information and communications technology (including biomedical devices and their integration with our systems)
- Monitor and control ICT and Biomed capital and operational budgets and report on expenditures
- Drive business operations transformation, using Lean Six Sigma knowledge and tools along with strong leadership competencies across the value chain at both site and corporate levels
- Develop and foster a culture of continuous improvement by suggesting/enabling improvement activities involving staff and clinicians at all levels of the organization
- Regularly review and enhance technology-related governance processes to ensure they evolve to meet changing needs
- Develop reporting systems and metrics for sustainable compliance of improvements
- Following ITIL best practices, continuously improving systems availability, performance and recoverability
- Participate as required in internal and external committees and planning forums
- Directs the acquisition process for multi-million-dollar capital budget annually
- Writes requests for proposals and coordinates evaluation of same
- Establishes evaluation criteria in conjunction with user departments and oversees the evaluation process
- Negotiates contracts with selected vendors for hardware, network equipment, application software and support services
- Coordinates the implementation of information and communication technologies Hospital-wide including but not limited to servers, workstations, network appliances, peripheral equipment, mobile devices, application software, telephones and telecommunications infrastructure, and biomedical devices
- Ensures that the necessary business process re-engineering accompanies the introduction or updates of systems
- Manages the process of supporting all information and communication technology using internal staff and external providers
- Develops and communicates policies and procedures to ensure the stable operation of all Hospital systems
- Responsible for all aspects of the department’s operations including the establishment of objectives, delegation of tasks/responsibilities, allocation of resources, and monitoring these activities through to completion
- Monitors day-to-day operations for compliance with service level thresholds and departmental policies
- Establishes and monitors quality indicators and quality improvement projects
- Responsible for maintaining a broad knowledge of industry trends, emerging standards, and new innovations including “Smart Hospital” environments and best practices
- Must understand and maintain a management knowledge of various areas of Information and Communication Technology such as computer hardware, operating systems, storage architecture, local and wide area networking, data protection and security, programming languages, business and health related application software, telecommunications infrastructure and programming, biomedical devices and their integration with our systems, financial accounting, and statistics
- Participates in LHIN, regional, and provincial e-Health initiatives as required.
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
- Master’s Degree in Business or Health Administration desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role is desirable, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire people
- Excellent change management and transformational leadership skills, with strong ability to coach and mentor team members through change
- Knowledge of formal Project Management techniques and best practices
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2020
Internal applications due by: October 22, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.