Director, P3 Operations and Safety
Posting # 2020-858131
Position: Director, P3 Operations and Safety
Department: Redevelopment and Facilities
Hours:Monday - Friday, 7.5 hour day shifts (subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare is a state-of-the-art facility that takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton Region.
We take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of ourcommunity's growing and aging population. We are adistinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
The Director is responsible for overseeing facilities, contract management, human resource management, security and quality & risk management while maintaining confidentiality and release of information in accordance with hospital policy at all times. The Director will also ensure that all decisions and actions taken are in strict accordance with current legislation and regulations, collective agreements and hospital policies and procedures. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- interpret and operationalize the day-to-day management and enforcement of the two AFP contracts.
- ensure that obligations and responsibilities defined under the two AFP contracts, with an annual cost of $90M, are met and that under-performance, risks, payment of the service payments, reporting and change are all managed effectively so that value for money and continuous improvement are achieved.
- lead the determination of whether the services being delivered by Project Co(s) meet the required standards, whether remedial measures are effective, and whether there are any trends evident in the provision of the services.
- responsible for identifying strategies and implementing plans for mitigating any risks associated with these contracts and providing regular reports to the Board on the status of the contract and how we are mitigating risks.
- develop strategies and lead the negotiations related to resolving complex contractual issues.
- provide updates to SLT and the Board related to the management and resolution of issues which may impact the hospital or clinical operations.
- ensure that special projects related to rectification of major facility issues are completed as per specifications and requirements.
- support the SVP in the development of reports and submission to the Halton Healthcare Board of Directors and the Finance Committee of the Board.
- establishes and oversees the implementation of all corporate level security related policies and procedures throughout the Corporation including, but not limited to the three hospital sites and all off-site locations.
- accountable for providing a safe and secure environment for all those who come to the organization through the standardization of corporate procedures and practices for Security including general security and protection services, security systems and surveillance, emergency dispatch and alarm response, access control management, parking enforcement and traffic management.
- lead the development of the budgeting process for the $1.8 M Security BPR submission and for managing and tracking costs to the final approved budget.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Completion of a Bachelor degree in health/life sciences, engineering or business administration field or recognized equivalent required.
- MBA, Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or educational equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in facilities management required, preferably in a hospital environment.
- Working level knowledge of P3 Projects.
- Managing complex third party contracts of a technical or facility management nature.
- Leading and resolving complex contractual negotiations.
- Managing facility development projects.
- Leading all stages of procurement in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience managing in a complexenvironment.
- Member of a related professional body, e.g. CHES, preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Self-directed and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, staff development and team building skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including, at a minimum, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Date Posted: May 21, 2020
Internal applications due by: May 28, 2020
Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.