At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates' Construction Operations is seeking an Intermediate Estimator for its Vancouver office. The role includes responding to internal and external requests for proposals, construction and consulting budgets and cost estimates; reviewing estimates, budgets and proposals prepared by Golder's Project and Construction Managers; and ensuring all proposals comply with Golder's risk management policies.
In this position you will work primarily with the Estimating Team under the supervision of a Senior Estimator, and will be involved in the following:
- Preparation of cost estimates using HCSS HeavyBid estimating software;
- Preparation of cost proposals and construction to both internal and external clients;
- Review of estimates prepared by other Project and Construction Managers;
- Review of contractual agreements, terms and conditions for subcontracts, major supply agreements and client contracts;
- Preparation of construction schedules using precedence network scheduling methods;
- Participate as an estimator and construction cost consultant working with design build teams;
- Application of Golder's risk management procedures and protocols for all cost estimates, subcontracts and client contracts and proposals
You will have a background in:
- Qualification in civil engineering or related discipline with 3 plus years relevant work experience in civil construction, cost estimating, cost consulting, scheduling, and cost control;
- Well-versed in Prime/General Contractor Health & Safety requirements, and project General Conditions;
- Knowledge of standard project management software (Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, HCSS HeavyJob and/or HeavyBid or similar Estimating software, etc.)
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.