Field Team Member
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Field Team Member to join our Environmental team on a short-term contract (between approximately February 24 - March 13, 2020 and a couple of days during Fall 2020) for the equivalent of approximately 13 days. This position is located at the current landfill in the Algonquins of Pikwakanagan First Nation (AofPFN) Community.
Please submit applications by noon on Wednesday February 19, 2020.
An overview of your role will include:
- Drilling supervision and soil sampling with a Golder mentor
- Monitoring well installation with a Golder mentor
- Surface water, groundwater and landfill gas sampling with a Golder mentor
- Follow instructions from Site Manager & Site Supervisors
- Adhere to Corporate, AofPFN and Government Safety Standards
- Maintain the Confidentiality of Corporate Information, Policies and Procedures
- Any other duties as assigned
You will have to possess the following qualifications:
- Strong work ethic and have the ability to prioritize assigned tasks
- Be open to new tasks as site conditions make necessary
- Physically able to walk, bend, squat and lift up to 50 lbs for short durations
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.