Geotechnical Business Group Leader
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people deliver projects with excellent standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD has gained a high level of local and global recognition for excellence in geotechnical engineering, engineering geology and tunnels engineering. We are leaders in geotechnical design for Transportation, Energy, Water, Property and Building, and are focused on keep growing our presence in the geotechnical practice within the Province.
We have an outstanding leadership opportunity for a Business Group Leader - Geotechnical to lead our established Ontario Region - Geotechnical team based in Ontario and servicing our Ontario region.
As the Business Group Leader for Geotechnical, you will work closely with the Ontario General Manager across multidisciplinary projects, bids and proposals to develop and significantly grow GHD’s presence and market share in the fields of geotechnical engineering and engineering geology, across a range of sectors. The role will provide leadership in developing and delivering a range of projects and also leading and mentoring a team of engineers and technical specialists.
Working on a diverse range of projects and clients, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and realizing business opportunities, and ensuring sustainable growth of the Geotechnical group revenues
- Managing Business Group performance, people, and resources
- Providing vision and direction for the Ontario Geotechnical business that links with GHD’s North America market strategy, and input into the Region Market Strategy
- Being well-connected and influential, building and developing relationships with existing and potential clients and partners, with a focus on business development
- Providing leadership to the Business Group in line with GHD’s values and objectives
- Building effective relationships with other Business Group Leaders and with Market Leaders within and outside the Region.
You will have a technical background in geotechnical engineering and engineering geology. At a minimum you will hold a BEng Civil/Geological Engineering or BSc Geology with geotechnical and/or tunnel engineering knowledge and recognized industry accreditation
- 15+ years professional experience within an engineering consultancy
- Professional engineering designation: P.Eng.
- Demonstrated technical capability across your area of technical expertise, including all project phases from desktop studies and planning, to detailed design and construction
- Effective & proven business development, networking and client relationship management skills
- Ability to develop lasting client relationships based on trust and delivery excellence
- Proven background in delivering projects from proposal to completion
- Detailed knowledge of local, national and international standards and other industry guidelines and be connected into networks across the industry
- Ability to mentor and train team members
- Provide technical leadership, often in multi-disciplinary teams for planning, feasibility studies and detailed design project phases
We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee owned company, a professional working environment with career development potential, flexible hours and a competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience in a privately held, quality driven and client focused company.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.