At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Ltd. is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Mine Stability group, at the Sudbury, Ontario, Canada location.
An overview of your role will include:
- Review existing geotechnical database, assess the level of confidence in geotechnical data (lab tests, joint orientations) and provide recommendations for additional sampling/testing if required.
- Training of mine personnel or project engineers. Workshops and assessments. Support development of tools and applications for geotechnical efforts.
You will have a background in:
- Optimisation of geotechnical data collection for mine design
- Mining geo-mechanics
- Ground characterisation
- Rock mass stability analysis
- Statistical methods used in geo-engineering
- Discrete Fracture Networks modelling
- Geostatistical methods
- Rock fragmentation
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.