Helper Linen & Waste - PPT - EVS - OTMH
Posting #: 2020-859558
Department: Environmental Services, Linen & Waste
Status: Permanent Part -time
Hours: Monday - Sunday -various rotating,8hour shifts, and every other weekend (Hours may be subject to change based on operational needs.)
The ideal candidate should be highly organized with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude. We require a person who is reliable and takes pride in their work with the ability to function in a fast-paced, physically demanding and patient focused customer service oriented environment.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- General cleaning of patient, staff and public areas.
- Washing floors, ceilings and walls, cleaning inside of windows in assigned areas
- Driving Electric Tugger pulling loads of up to 2000lbs,
- Collecting bio hazardous waste, specimen samples and emptying garbage containers, including sharps from designated areas of the hospital and disposing according to proper procedures.
- Collecting general waste, and recycling according to procedure.
- Collecting soiled linen and distributing clean linen according to guidelines.
- Other related duties as required
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- High School Diploma required
- Must be physically able to perform the required tasks involving repetitive heavy lifting (up to 60 pounds), pushing/pulling of heavy loads and extensive standing and walking.
- Related experience in a health care setting is an asset.
- Ability to operate moderate to light equipment required
- Must possess English language verbal communications skills and literacy skills sufficient to understand verbal and written instructions and to read product labels and procedure manuals
- Demonstrated ability to make quick assessments to solve minor problems and establish priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while also working effectively in a team
- Proven ability to practice consistent values consistent with corporate policies and a commitment to fostering a safe and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Creative and innovative, self-directed, flexible team player.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Salary: $17.93 to $22.42 per hour
Date Posted: June 25, 2020
Internal applications due by:July 2, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.