High Voltage Control Engineer
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, they invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join them, they will support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Publication date: 17/9/2020
Imagine a future where you’ll be responsible for the safe operation and control of the high voltage assets, ensuring continued supply of renewable energy from the Borssele 1 & 2 offshore windfarm.
Join Orsted in this role where you’ll be responsible for the maintenance and operation of the high voltage assets, which includes high voltage switchgear and submarine cables (array cables).
You’ll be part of Site Support where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure that the Borssele Operations team is supported in the effective operation and maintenance of the offshore wind farm providing high voltage support. The Site Support team aims to be the local function that will keep the Operations team focused on maintaining a supply of renewable energy by providing effective support to all members.
- Overseeing the maintenance and operation of the high voltage assets which include switchgear, export, and array cables
- Having installation responsibility for the high voltage and low voltage assets, including ensuring compliance and safe operation of assets by the high voltage team
- Leading the high voltage service team of high voltage technicians who will cover all high and low-voltage maintenance work, both scheduled and unscheduled as required, within the wind farm.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an Authorised Person at 66/34 kV
- Has substantial experience of electrical working and maintenance as a Senior Authorised Person (SAP)
- Has a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Has detailed insight and documented knowledge of management of maintenance programmes and planning, preferably from on-/offshore energy assets, power plant, oil, gas, or similar industries
- Is fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in written form;
- Has a full driver's license;
- Is flexible about working patterns: an on-call-rotation must be expected.
With this position Ørsted offers:
- Five weeks of holidays;
- 10 paid days off for holiday purposes and fixed holidays per holiday year;
- Pension scheme;
- Health insurance;
- A salary based on your experience.
Ørsted is known for their:
- Very high employee satisfaction and motivation;
- Continuous learning and development for all employees;
- Innovative environment that encourages diverse perspectives;
- Purpose-driven environment.