Housekeeping / Room Attendant
Mobilize Jobs has wonderful opportunities for dedicated Housekeeping staff who are committed to providing a special experience for valued guests. Working with a supportive team, in a busy and dynamic environment, the ideal candidate will demonstrate efficiency and time management, be detail oriented, have great communication skills and helpfully tend to guests.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow regular cleaning and maintenance schedules, liaise with colleagues and supervisor(s), and ensure that all guest accommodations are ideal
- Wipe and sanitize windows, walls, doors and fixtures
- Thoroughly wash and sanitize room showers, toilets, mirrors and sinks
- Vacuum carpets and clean hard floors (e.g., linoleum, tile etc.) using the appropriate product
- Regularly replace and restock room amenities, including towels, soaps and shampoos
- Remove all used bed linens and replace with a fresh set of linens
- Regularly check if room lighting and appliances are in working order
- Complying with work safety practices and ensuring that all rooms attended are up to organizational health and safety standards along with federal, provincial and local safety standards
- Other related duties as required
ABOUT MOBILIZE JOBS
Mobilize is a new staffing model that works on a rotational placement basis, supplying tourism, hospitality and food services businesses with a continuous supply of motivated staff. Mobilizers rotate to different locations seasonally, so participating businesses always have great team members who are eager and ready to work. Mobilize offers Canadians an exciting employment adventure where they work in and experience different amazing locations each summer and winter. It's a professional, structured program that provides employees with full-time, paid work over one to two seasons. Mobilizers live in each location for a season, working with a different business each time, and gain valuable work experience in a variety of roles. The program arranges everything from placement to housing.
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS:
- Full-time, paid work.
- There are no fees for job seekers.
- Opportunity to Travel across Canada and experience different positions in a number of different locations.
- Six-month summer placements available for our annual summer and winter sessions.
- Once your time has been completed, you'll walk away with new job references, new friends and memories to last a lifetime. If you want to stay on after your deployment, that option exists!
HOW MUCH WILL I MAKE?
Wages will vary based on experience, but needless to say this employment adventure is more about the experience than getting rich. You will be making enough to live on, without the burden of finding and paying for rent and utilities. You will always be making at least the minimum wage, with monthly performance bonuses program wide, and free housing. This works out to $15.00 per hour, plus gratuities and performance bonuses, and your accommodations are taken care of.
Housing is covered:
- Over the course of your deployment, all housing costs will be covered by the Mobilize program.
- The program works in groups of "Mobilizers," so if you have friends you would like to live and travel with, make sure you apply together!
- Customer service or hospitality experience is an asset but not a requirement.
- Must be 18 and be legally able to work in Canada.
- Provide a clear police record.
- Liquor license to be able to serve and work with alcohol.
- A sense of adventure!