Intermediate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Project Manager or Coordinator
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Intermediate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Project Manager or Coordinator to join our Environmental Permitting and Monitoring team on a full-time basis based in London, Ontario.
Working closely with our established team of scientists and engineers, you will be responsible for helping to develop the market and Golder's service offering for EHS projects, raising the profile and building the brand of Golder's EHS Group.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Proposal development, project execution, client relationship management and project management.
- Providing technical excellence in EHS disciplines including industrial/occupational hygiene, health & safety, hazardous materials, ergonomics, radiation protection, EHS compliance and assurance, process safety and/or decommissioning services.
- Liaising with, and to the extent necessary provide support to, other discipline teams in the Environmental Permitting and Monitoring Group.
- Mentoring more junior staff in the Group. Over time, your responsibilities may evolve to include providing project direction and hiring junior and intermediate staff.
- Providing input into business planning, meeting with existing and new Golder clients, develop opportunities and build business for Golder, providing tactical thought leadership for planning, design, and development of EHS services.
- Participating with other Golder staff, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally in the development and review of the EHS business in Golder.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, abilities, and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in EHS, occupational health, environmental science or a related discipline.
- 4 to 7 years of relevant consulting or industry experience.
- Availability & willingness to travel periodically as required, occasionally for extended periods of time. Frequency and duration of travel and site work will depend on business and client needs.
Preference will be given to candidates with strong industrial acumen and experience in both environmental and health & safety fields with professional certifications or those eligible for certification in one or more of the following fields: safety (e.g. Canadian Registered Safety Professional), occupational hygiene (e.g. Registered Occupational Hygienist or Certified Industrial Hygienist), environmental auditing or management systems (e.g. certified environmental auditor).
In addition, to be successful at Golder, you will be able to demonstrate the following Success Attributes : an ownership attitude, initiative, enthusiasm, a desire to continually learn and grow, a detail and quality focus, a commitment to work safely at all times, good judgement, a good work ethic, is adaptable and good communication skills.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.