IT Business Analyst - 12 month contract
If you're looking for a rewarding opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
We are seeking an IT Business Analyst to join our team in Mississauga/Oakville, ON on a 12 month contract.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
As the Business Analyst, you will lead engagements to support the formulation and execution of Samuel, Son & Co., Limited’s strategic initiatives concerning IT systems development, design and implementation, ascertaining business needs and developing functional requirements.
- Participates in the implementation of Business Transformation Initiatives.
- Collaborates with Executive Stakeholders to prepare business cases, project charters and project plans.
- Analyzes business processes and synthesizes complex information into concise, readable, unambiguous process models and process documentation.
- Assesses current policies, programs or services and applies a variety of analytic processes and techniques to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitates workshops with business stakeholders to gather and document business and, system requirements.
- Collaborates with product teams to decompose large epic stories into features and user stories that can be understood by business leads and developers.
- Conducts analysis to assess the Division's data and, system requirements and develops and presents effective concepts, designs, and templates.
- Prepares, or contributes to technology solution artefacts including product visions, use cases, use case models, and supplementary specifications including screen mock-ups, report mock-ups and business rules specifications.
- Develops test strategies, plans and scripts and executes and documents tests of technology solutions and business processes and validation of applications.
- Prepares reports to senior management, supporting recommendations on changes in technology solutions, business methods and business processes including appropriate staffing levels, resource allocation, etc.
- Post secondary education in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working in the metals industry and/or the manufacturing space is considered an asset.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Dynamics Ax would be considered an asset
- 5+ years of experience conducting Business Process Reviews, Business Process Modelling (BPM) and Business Process Reengineering.
- 5+ years of experience documenting user requirements, producing use cases, documenting user stories and corresponding acceptance criteria, utilizing facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams, set clear directions and design terms of reference and work processes.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with Senior Stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of various business disciplines (finance, operations, technical etc.).