Legal Counsel Regulatory Affairs - LeasePlan Corporation
LeasePlan is one of the world’s leading Car-as-a-Service companies, with approximately 1.8 million vehicles under their care in over 30 countries. Their core business involves managing the entire vehicle life-cycle for their corporate, SME and Private customers, taking care of everything from purchasing, reporting and maintenance to car resale. LeasePlan's core businesses are Car-as-a-Service, a EUR 68billion market, and CarNext.com, an independent marketplace for flexible used-car mobility solutions, serving a EUR 65billion market. With over 50 years’ experience, LeasePlan’s mission is to provide what’s next in mobility via an ‘any car, anytime, anywhere’ service – so you can focus on what's next for you.
Wat je gaat doen
As Legal Counsel Regulatory Affairs you will be part of the Regulatory Affairs team, which is part of the Risk Department of LeasePlan Corporation. Since 1993 LeasePlan Corporation (LPCorp) holds a general banking licence. In addition, LPCorp is active on the debt capital markets. As such, LPCorp is supervised by the Dutch Central Bank and the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets. The Regulatory Affairs team supports the various departments within LPCorp dealing with banking supervision and related regulations. Therefore, in this role, you will be responsible for providing legal and strategic advice on financial regulatory in the widest sense together with the Company Secretary & Director Regulatory Affairs. In your daily work, you will not only work closely together with your colleagues of Legal, Risk and Compliance, but you will also be an important sparring partner for members of the board and other relevant stakeholders. In addition you will be responsible for maintaining close contact with external parties (such as DNB and AFM). You will report directly to the Company Secretary & Director Regulatory Affairs.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Supporting the Company Secretary & Director RA with the execution of the strategic agenda with regard to financial regulatory law;
- Sharing and promoting knowledge with regard to financial regulatory law in the Netherlands and abroad;
- Monitoring developments, trends and future changes in the regulatory environment relevant for LeasePlan.
You are an experienced and business minded lawyer. You are highly motivated, have got a hands-on mentality and a professional attitude. Besides, you are used to working in an international organization, have got excellent analytical skills and:
- A University degree in Dutch law (LL.M);
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in the financial sector and/or international law firm ;
- Experience with (banking) financial regulatory law;
- Affinity with and/or experience with non-banking financial regulatory law (i.e. Capital market);
- Fluent English and Dutch (both spoken and in writing);
- Excellent communication skills at all levels within the organisation and with external stakeholders.
Wat je van ons kunt verwachten
As Legal Counsel Regulatory Affairs with LeasePlan Corporation you will get the chance to work within a dynamic, international organization. You will get the possibility to practice your legal profession on the highest level together with your professional, ambitious colleagues. Besides LeasePlan offers:
- A competitive salary;
- A 13th month bonus;
- A lease car;
- A non-contributory pension; and
- Extensive development opportunities.