Are you looking for an adventure this winter? Dreaming of living and working in Whistler next to some of the best slopes in the world?
We have an exciting opportunity for an eager emerging chef with a passion for cuisine and a sense of adventure.
Working with a supportive team, in a busy and dynamic environment, the ideal candidate has experience with catering, the ability to multi-task, is comfortable taking directions and working in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure that the food preparation, quality and presentation meet organizational standards
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment by maintaining occupational health & safety standards
- Prepare and cook menu items by following instructions and adhering to standardized recipes and specifications
- Help keep track of kitchen inventory, including food, supplies and equipment
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, oven.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Pre-cook items such as bacon, to prepare them for later use.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings
- Other related duties as required
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS:
- Full-time, paid work.
- Staff accommodations
- There are no fees for job seekers.
- Opportunity to Travel across Canada and experience different positions in a number of different locations.
- Six-month placements available for our annual summer and winter sessions.
- Once your time has been completed, you'll walk away with new job references, new friends and memories to last a lifetime. If you want to stay on after your deployment, that option exists!
Housing is covered!
- We arrange housing for the duration of your time with Mobilize Jobs!
- The program works in groups of "Mobilizers," so if you have friends you would like to live with, make sure you apply together!
- Kitchen Line Experience
- Catering experience is an asset
- Must be over 18 and be legally able to work in Canada.