INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE ASSOCIATE-MILLWRIGHT
Reports to: Technical Manager
Hours of work: Shift work, rotating, 12 hours a day- Continental Shift
Currently we are looking for an Industrial Maintenance Associate to join our Guelph-based team. In this full-time position, your responsibilities will include:
The Dual Ticketed Industrial Maintenance Associate is responsible for the efficient, safe and reliable operating condition of complex process and high-speed food processing equipment (70% mechanical, 30% electrical). This candidate must be multi-crafted (mechanical/electrical) and mainly focused on providing equipment troubleshooting and breakdown maintenance. As troubleshooting requirements are accomplished, the ticketed Industrial Maintenance Associate will change focus toward preventive maintenance activities as assigned through planned work orders. They must systematically repair, adjust and maintain processing, filling, conveying, packaging machinery and Utilities such as Biofilters, Boiler, Air Compressors, and Waste water treatment plant as assigned using established maintenance reliability practices, consistent observation, repair, and follow-up of operational effectiveness.
- Maintain, troubleshoot electromechanical equipment to include but not limited to:
- Grinding tower
- Extrusion Tower
- Pressurized fluid systems
- Raw product material handling
- Mixers and vessels
- Dryers with gas burners
- Coating system
- Dry product handling and conveying systems
- Flexible filling and sealing equipment
- Packaging printing, labeling, and conveying systems
- Case packers and palletizing equipment
- Apply mechanical and electrical knowledge to eliminate production problems and improve efficiency and reliability
- Apply predictive maintenance technologies and condition based monitoring to equipment(oil analysis, vibration analysis, motor circuit analysis)
- Participation in continuous improvement activities
- Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis on major unplanned breakdowns and recurring problems
- Provide design input and maintenance support to engineering on major project concept, implementation, commission, validation and start-up
- Perform Boiler, Transformers, Electricity & Electronic devices, Gas systems and Compressor operative tasks
- This position and all site associates are responsible for quality and food safety
- Standing on a concrete floor, extensive walking
- Frequent climbing of stairs
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (safety glasses, hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
- Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and tolerate environmental extremes such as hot to cold, working in hot conditions, dust, dirt and chemicals
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a valid Ontario Certificate of Qualification for an Industrial Millwright
- Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language
- 5+ years' experience maintaining mechanical systems on complex process and/or high-speed production equipment.
- Demonstrable capability of experience troubleshooting, testing, and repairing instrumentation devices.
- Experience with mechanical maintenance
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience operating a variety of machines
- 2 years of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline
- Knowledge of safety regulations (electricity, gas, steam and compressed air distribution networks and applications)
- Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
- Knowledge of electrical systems including single and 3-phase controls and distribution systems 600 Volts AC and less.
- Maintain, and troubleshoot AC and DC variable speed and servo controls in processing, filling, thermal processing, and packaging systems.
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot, and modify close-tolerance mechanical systems, mechanically-timed equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic controlled and powered systems and components.
- Can interpret Blueprints, and repair using mechanical forming equipment and MIG, TIG and Stick welding skills.
- Management of area assets, equipment maintenance schedules, improvement projects, downtime personnel and resources, and equipment historical data.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic control and powered systems
- Thermal processing instruments and controls
- Welding experience
- Proper use of hand and power tools
- Operate electronic test equipment (multi-meter, meg-ohm meter, amp probe, oscilloscope, power analyzer)