MDR Tech - PPT - OR - OTMH
Posting #: 2020-864586
First consideration will be given to members of the bargaining unit in accordance with the collective agreement.
Position :Medical Device ReprocessingTechnician
Department :Surgical Program - Operating Room
Status : Permanent Part-time (must provide availability of up to 0.5 FTE)
Hours: Various rotating 8 hour shifts (Hours subject to change based on operational requirements)
Site : Oakville
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
As a member of the surgical team, O.R. Support staff assists O.R. Nursing staff and physicians in the provision of patient care. Position involves positioning of patients, cleaning of Operating rooms, ensuring all necessary supplies and equipment are available when needed, collection and return of equipment and specimens, stocking of rooms and their assistance as required. Will provide support to the operating room staff in the care of the preoperative patient. Case cart management, picking cases, stocking, patient transportation.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Minimum grade 12 education required
- Current certificate within last 5 years from a recognized college in Medical Device Reprocessing, required
- CSA Certification an asset, recertification requirements to be maintained by applicant
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous OR experience
- One-year relevant experience in Medical Device Reprocessing preferred
- Demonstrated experience using reprocessing equipment. For example, washer disinfectors, steam sterilizers, low temperature sterilizers
- Reprocessing of flexible endoscope experience is an asset
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Aptitude for working with delicate and heavy equipment
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
- Must be comfortable working alone if the situation occurs
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary Scale :$23.35 - $25.68 per hour
Date Posted: October 15, 2020
Internal applications due by: October 22, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.