Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform complete and in-depth review of mortgage loan files including; income, assets, credit and collateral.
- Utilize client’s loan operating system to ensure accurate data entry.
- Underwrite loans in accordance with client guidelines; utilizing AUS or manual guidelines.
- Evaluate and ensure overall loan documents are accurate, complete, and compliant.
- Ability to identify and/or clear red flag or alerts.
- Issue loan decision and condition file accordingly.
- Review and approve conditions for compliance and completion of loan file.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients.
- Maintain current knowledge of client and investor requirements.
- Resolve pre and post-closing issues as they relate to underwriting.
- Assist Processors/Loan Officers in understanding underwriting decisions and conditions.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment while delivering a high-level of customer service.
- Ability to work more than 40 hours, on an as needed basis.
- Minimum 2+ years current conventional mortgage loan underwriting experience with strong knowledge of income calculations, tax returns, reading credit reports, identifying red flags and Basic knowledge of appraisal and ability to recognize red flags and ineligible properties.
- Thorough working knowledge of GSE underwriting guidelines and automated underwriting engines (DU/LP).
- Strong analytic, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong ability to time manage.
- Ability to work in a flexible and production-oriented environment.
- Must be willing and able to work as part of a team.
- Strong capability to work in multiple systems - paperless environment.
- Must be willing to work in strict security environment.
- NMLS-MLO Licensure preferred.
- Candidates must be available to work outside of normal business hours when necessary.