Part-Time Professor - Artificial Intelligence
Department: Technology and Visual Arts
Posting Date: Oct 15, 2020
Effective Date: January 2021
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the incumbent develops and delivers courses in the Artificial Intelligence graduate certificate program. Courses may be scheduled and delivered during the day or evening. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Delivering courses in the Artificial Intelligence graduate certificate program
• Developing and delivering appropriate curriculum to meet course objectives
• Incorporating a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet student needs
• Evaluating student progress / achievement
• Participating in program and college activities as required
• Participating in program revision and renewal activities as required
• Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
• Diploma or degree in Computer Science, Big Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years recent and relevant professional experience
• An equivalent combination of education and / or professional practice may be considered in the total experience required
• Understanding of Python programming, AI Algorithms and Neural Network concepts
• Experience with Machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch or Microsoft Cognitive Services
• Experience with conversation AI technologies such as Alexa, Google Assistant or Watson or data manipulation using tools such as PowerBI or Tableau.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Commitment to life-long learning
• Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in students
• Experience in some or all of the following is an asset: curriculum development, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
• Teaching and Training Adults certification and / or experience in a teaching or training capacity is an asset
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Applicants to this position will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. October 23, 2020. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.