Part-time Professor - Boilermaker Apprenticeship Program - Multiple Positions
Department: Owen Sound
Campus: Owen Sound
Posting Date: November 20, 2020
Effective Date: January 2021
Reporting to the Dean, the incumbent develops and delivers curriculum in the Automotive Service Technician Apprenticeship program. Courses may be scheduled and delivered during the day or evening. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and delivering courses in the boilermaker apprenticeship program
• Incorporating a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet student needs
• Evaluating student progress / achievement
• Participating in program and college activities as required
• Participating in program revision and renewal activities as required
• Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
• Certificate of Qualification as a Construction Boilermaker (428A)
• A postsecondary degree or diploma in a related field would be an asset
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Commitment to life-long learning
• Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in students
• Experience in some or all of the following is an asset: curriculum development, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
• Teaching and Training Adults certification and / or experience in a teaching or training capacity is an asset
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
This position will be open until filled. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.