Payroll Analyst | Finance-Contract
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Our Waterloo office is looking to fill a Payroll Analyst position in our growing Canadian Operations. This is a 1-year contract with the possibility of an extension.
- Process new hires, terminations, compensation, status changes, and leaves
- Work directly with Payroll Manager on key project activities, including data conversion, SSL preparation, testing, cutover and go-live
- Review employee timesheets on a weekly basis
- Process benefits, RRSP, TFSA, and banking changes
- Prepare and process WSIB, and Workers Comp reports and payments
- Prepare and submit ROE's
- Create Finance payroll related reports including accruals
- Answer payroll related inquiries
- Diploma in Finance or completion of PCP designation is an asset
- Minimum 2- 3 years’ experience in Payroll
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and prioritization
- Ability to multi-task, solve problems independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with ADPGV, and Ceridian Insync/HPL
- Experience with Oracle HCM Cloud 20A
- Knowledge of Employment Standards and general HR policies
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is essential to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.