About the company
The Dow Service Centre in Terneuzen, which employs more than 1,100 talented employees, is the international service provider for the Dow Chemical Company. The Service Centre is not located on the Dow Chemical plant, but in various locations in and near the city of Terneuzen, such as in the Dow Diamond Centre. Dow’s Service Centre employees represent over 50 different languages and nationalities from all across the world. The Service Centre supports Dow and its joint ventures in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India a wide variety of areas, such as logistics, customer service, finance, human resources, translations and much more. Not only does the Service Centre support clients during their ordering processes, they also employ people who handle tax coordination and HR activities. The Terneuzen location is part of a global service network with offices in Midland (USA), São Paulo (Brazil), Mumbai (India), Shanghai and Tianjin (China). In 2018, Dow was recognised as a Top Employer! The company supports local initiatives such as public events, festivals, and nature-related projects.
The Dow Service Centre consists of an energetic and multicultural team of talented individuals of all ages. They are all enthusiastic, curious, and enterprising colleagues!
The working hours in this position are during regular office hours.
This is Manpower
There are benefits to working through employment agency Manpower! First of all, we will contact you shortly after you apply for one of our vacancies. This means you can start your new job as soon as possible. You will also get free access to Studytube, our online training platform. Here you can develop new skills or brush up on your old ones to keep yourself in tip-top shape for tomorrow’s job market! After working via Manpower for six months, you will also start accruing pension.
Because of your experience as a payroll representative, you know the ins and outs of payroll. With your knowledge of this topic and desire to understand a business and its customers, you fit the roll of payroll representative perfectly. Do you have an EQF level 6 diploma or a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Human Resources or similar, and are you fluent in German? If so, this full-time position at Dow Chemical is the right one for you! Keep reading to learn what we have to offer you.
Employment agency Manpower is looking for a German-speaking payroll representative for Dow Chemical in Terneuzen.
As a payroll representative, you ensure that employees receive their salary on time. Naturally, you take matters such as labour conditions, tax legislations and company rules and regulations into account. At Dow Chemical, you will be coordinating administrative and control activities for the EMEAI region. You will work together closely with various internal and external stakeholders, and report to tax and other governmental agencies.
You can expect to perform the following activities:
- Processing (confidential) information accurately
- Managing payroll, time & absence and data deliveries
- Monitoring service providers and managing data to and from the payroll provider
- Ensuring accurate and timely payments to employees as well as local authorities
- Sharing information and cooperating with Human Resources and the controllers department
- Reporting social security, tax and pension-related data to local authorities
- Performing internal and external audits and other activities regarding internal control and compliance
What's in it for you?
- Gross salary between €2,800.- and €3,700.- per month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses at €0.19 per km and full reimbursement of Westerschelde tunnel expenses
- Pension accrual through Manpower after six months' work
- A full-time job of 40 hours a week
- Fixed term Manpower contract at the Dow Service Centre
- Opportunity for a permanent contract with Dow Chemical
- Free access to E-learning platform Studytube via Manpower
If you have to move to Terneuzen for this position, the following conditions apply to you:
- Dow Chemical will pay for a six week stay in a hotel or B&B with a maximum cost of €75.- per day. Meanwhile, you will have the possibility to find accommodation in or near Terneuzen.
- After three to six months Dow Chemical will do the first evaluation of your performance. If you meet expectations and you continue working at Dow Chemical, you will receive a fee of €3,600.- (payback clause: you will 100% of this amount within one year, 50% within two years). This is to compensate you for any forthcoming relocation costs.
- A Bachelor's degree (EQF 6) or higher in Finance, Human Resources or similar
- At least one year of experience with payroll, both technical and practical
- Excellent command of the German and English language, minimum C1-level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Able to apply for a Code of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag or VOG in Dutch)
- In possession of a valid Dutch work permit (at least nine months) or EU-citizenship
- Availability of 40 hours per week
Preferably, you also live in or near Terneuzen, Goes, Middelburg or Bergen op Zoom.
The application process
- Apply online via the “Solliciteer direct” button
- To speed up the application process, we kindly ask you to send your CV in English
- Fill out the questionnaire that appears after you have logged in and written down your motivation (without your answers we are not able to further process your application)
- Assessment of your application will be performed based on your CV, the questionnaire and any additional information provided
- The local Manpower office will contact you for an interview by phone or a live interview at Manpower
- Possibly, a job interview will be scheduled with you and the company
2800,00-3700,00 bruto per maand
Wil je meer informatie of heb je vragen over deze vacature, neem dan contact op met Robin van Loon via firstname.lastname@example.org of bel 088-2828128.
Bijna niets in het leven is voor mensen zó essentieel als het vinden en behouden van zinvol werk. Wat dit betekent, is voor iedereen anders. Manpower biedt tijdelijke, flexibele en vaste banen. Onder meer binnen de financiële en zakelijke dienstverlening, overheid, klant contact centra, logistiek en productie. Het is onze passie om mensen verder te helpen. Dat doen we met een enorme gedrevenheid. We helpen je om succesvol te zijn bij een sollicitatie en dagen je uit om je te (blijven) ontwikkelen. Eerlijkheid vinden we belangrijk; we zijn transparant, staan open voor feedback en we doen wat we beloven.