Programmer analyst AS400
Nuagem is a growing and dedicated talent acquisition firm of North America specializing in
information technology and software engineering domain. We are rapidly expanding into new
markets with the diversified team of recruiters aimed to help our clients explore new
opportunities and hidden talents. We leverage our networking skills and technology to make
your experience better in finding right people and building a progressive team.
Be a part of Nuagem today and find your tribe!!!!
Job Description: Reporting to the Distribution Manager, the incumbent is responsible for designing, implementing and implementing systems as part of a project to develop and / or maintain existing systems.
* Performs, from a mandate, all work involved in the analysis, testing, programming and implementation of new systems and / or modification of existing systems.
* Meet with users to define and clarify their needs and participate in the development of solutions.
* Work closely with the analysts to define the technical specifications of the solutions envisaged, and guarantee the quality of the deliverables.
* Ensures the quality of the programs, the documentation, the guides intended for the users and respects the methodology as well as the standards and standards of development in force.
* Recommends, where appropriate, changes to applications and / or submits new ideas related to market trends and / or explores new technological tools to evolve our systems.
* Participates in the planning and organization of different projects.
* Participates in integrated tests and user tests.
* Actively participate in team meetings.
* Participates in the rotation to carry out production support (production monitoring and user support) according to a pre-established schedule.
* Performs other related tasks.
* Hold a bachelor's degree or a college diploma in computer science.
* Have a minimum of 4 years of development experience, IBM Iseries, within IT teams in a medium and large scale environment.
* Have a very good knowledge of analysis and programming techniques (RPG ILE, CLLE, DB2 SQL, Free-Form RPG) and master IBM Rationnal Developer for i-RDI development tool.
* Be independent and demonstrate an ability to communicate with different stakeholders.
* Have an excellent sense of customer service and a good team spirit.
* Have a strong sense of organization and management of priorities and a great ability to work under pressure.
* Be rigorous and possess an analytical and systematic mind.
* Have a very good knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Visio and One Note).
* Master the life cycle of software development.
* Have a very good knowledge of French and English, both verbally and in writing.
Professional experience: 3-4 years