PT - OT or PT - Hand Therapist
Posting # 2020-864428
Position: Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist - Hand Therapy
Department: Rehabilitation Services
Status: Part-time (must provide availability of up to a 0.5 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Sunday, 7.5 hours. Days/hours are subject to change based on operational needs.
This is what you’ll be doing:
The hand therapist will work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team to support patients in the Acute Hand Program and Fracture Clinic. The interdisciplinary team may consist of a plastic surgeon, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Therapy Assistant and volunteers. The hand specialist will demonstrate knowledge and experience in the treatment of hand injuries including tendon/nerve/vascular repair, amputations, trauma, and early fracture management. Experience in splinting for a variety of upper extremity and hand conditions and knowledge of modalities is a requirement. Provide support to the program and patients receiving treatment through OHIP, WSIB, MVA or other insurance claims.
This is what you need to do it: Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario or licensed with the College of Physiotherapy of Ontario
- Member of Canadian Occupational Therapy Association preferred or Member of CPA/OPA preferred
- Certified Hand Therapy designation required
- Must have experience splinting and treating acute hand injuries
- Minimum 1 year experience in an outpatient hand therapy setting is required
- Knowledge and experience in the use of evidence based outcome measures
- Must be flexible anddemonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with all team members
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact effectively with a multi-disciplinary team
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Date Posted: October 16, 2020
Internal applications due by: October 23, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.c om directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.