Real Estate Leader
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Reporting to the North American CFO and supporting GHD’s Global Real Estate Manager, this role leads the Real Estate function throughout GHD’s North American region. This role supports the regional business to provide efficient and productive real estate solutions through proactive strategy, portfolio planning and transaction management.
The Real Estate Leader is responsible for developing and maintaining strategic relationships with regional business leaders and serving as a point of contact for their corporate real estate needs. You will collaborate with the business leaders to define portfolio requirements in context with business objectives.
You will work collaboratively partners across GHD at all levels in the organisation and external to the business to deliver the optimum real estate outcome, the aim being from not only the efficiency and financial perspective, but also to ensure a workplace that helps attract and retain staff.
- Serves as a strategic consultant and primary contact for real estate needs by evaluating opportunities related to business demands, market factors, risks, and overall business objectives.
- Support GHD Global Real Estate Manager to develop and maintain real estate strategies that support long-term business objectives, including proactive discussion with business leadership around long term strategies and direction.
- Effectively communicate the financial, impacts of real estate decisions in business terms.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of internal GHD functions to assist in the development of short and long term real estate requirements.
- Coordinate and monitor real estate approval, documentation and business case process ensuring it aligns with business wide corporate governance delegations and policies.
- Lead the CBRE Property Service Partner team responsible for performing a large volume and variety of real estate transaction projects.
- In conjunction with CBRE – Transaction Management, ensure action is taken on real estate critical dates (renewals, expirations and terminations)
- Development and presentation of relevant real estate portfolio reporting to senior management and provide regular status reporting to internal partners
- Provides recommendations and implements real estate plans with an understanding of GHD’s strategic real estate goals
- Adheres to GHD’s real estate and corporate policies relating to identifying and mitigating conflicts of interest
- Develop business justification and recommendations for presentation to GHD leadership and executive team
- Review and update real estate standard methodologies and enhancements to the real estate database that will improve the quality delivery
- Develop benchmarking standards and key metrics and update periodically
- Ensure exceptional communication and integration across all real estate functions and with internal and external customers
- Leading any refurbishments, renovations and office moves to make sure they all run smoothly and according to plan
- Liaise with Regional Operations Managers or equivalent in relation to facilities management issues
Key Internal Partners:
- North American Leadership Team, Regional General Managers, Global Real Estate Manager, Legal and Insurance Manager North America, Office Designer Workplace, Project Managers, and Regional Operations Managers
Key External partners:
- CBRE – Transaction management, Real Estate brokers, and Landlords & Managing agents
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional knowledge of real estate leasing practices
- Independent and trustworthy, ability to assess priorities and lead a variety of activities while collaborating with a broad range of internal and external partners
- Proven ability to develop good working relationships
- Understands how to review, analyse and interpret financial analysis templates including cash flow projections and NPV analyses.
- Well thought out, detail & deadline oriented and have outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Extraordinary customer and client management relationship building skills
- Knowledge of accounting standards relating to corporate real estate
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.