Regional Manager - BC Region Remediation Services
About the Role
Reporting to the VP Operations, the Regional Manager is responsible to provide senior leadership for our BC region including managing staff, budgets, day to day operations, and overseeing Project Managers and Projects. The Regional Manager leads or participates in client development and supports various water treatment, closure planning and remediation project pursuits and execution efforts.
- Member of the senior management team responsible for delivering company, client, and project performance
- Providing senior leadership and oversight to day to day operations of the BC region.
- Build team capabilities (recruitment, development, retention, etc.) and manage staff performance including goal setting, defining responsibilities, and determining priorities
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, and professional development opportunities for direct reports
- Provide staff mentoring, training, and personnel reviews
- Create an office environment consistent with company values and provide inspired leadership to team
- Lead/support client development efforts.
- Provide operational support to various water treatment, closure planning and remediation project pursuits and execution efforts;
- Lead the growth of client relationships with all preferred clients;
- Develop professional and business relationships across the industry to better advance the AEG Companies’ growth and strategic initiatives;
- Contribute in a technical, project management or client development capacity;
- Monitor and promote system environmental health and worker safety compliance;
- Interfacing and communication with other managers on scheduling and resource requirements.
- Develop annual budgets and projections for revenue/margin, staff utilization and overhead
- Manage BC region spending and ensure utilization and project targets are met
- Identify and recommend improvements to operations to ensure assigned functions are efficient and cost effective
- Manage special projects that support the broad-based needs of a rapidly expanding company;
- All other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science (biology, chemistry) or engineering. A Master’s degree will be considered an asset.
- 10+ years relevant experience in mining or environmental consulting;
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role mentoring younger professionals;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Excellent written and oral communication.
AEG has offices in Colorado (Denver, Canon City, and Fort Collins) and Canada (Saskatoon, Toronto, Vancouver and Whitehorse) and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alexco Resource Corp. We offer our employees an excellent total rewards experience, which not only includes pay and benefits, but also includes your personal development and growth. We believe in giving you the opportunity to learn and to help make an impact on the sustainability of the environment.
Alexco Environmental Group believes in a diverse working environment and a culture where differences are valued.
See job description