Registered Nurse - FT - 4N Inpatient Rehab
Posting #: 2020-858069
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit – 4N
Hours: Monday to Sunday – Various rotating8 and 12 hours shifts (Hours subject to change based on operational needs)
This is what you’ll be doing:
Functions as an active member of a multidisciplinary team in the provision of patient-focused care for the Rehab/Geriatric Unit (52 beds). The successful candidate will collaborate with other health care professionals in the planning and implementation of care for a wide variety of Rehab/Geriatric cases. The team consists of RNs, RPNs, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech-Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Discharge Planners, Recreation Therapists, and a Physiatrist. Educational needs of staff are supported by a Professional Practice Clinician.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire
- Strong geriatric/medical/surgical background required
- Strong functional assessment skills, FIM Training and Credentialing, problem solving skills, leadership, and teaching skills required
- Excellent computer skills with experience using Meditech system required
- Ongoing re-certification in added nursing skills required
- Rehabilitation experience preferred
- Strong abilities to co-ordinate and interface with community resources i.e. CCAC and/or family members e.g. discharge conferences
- Rehabilitation Nursing Certification preferred
- Completion of Rehab/Geriatric and neuro-sciences courses preferred
- A positive team player that promotes patient independence
- An excellent communicator with the ability to deal with all types of personalities and difficult situations
- Must be capable of being a strong member within a multidisciplinary team
- Physically able to lift and transfer heavy patients utilizing assistance of others and equipment as required
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient-centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary : $33.23 to $47.57 per hour
Date posted: May 19, 2020
Internal Applications due by: May 26, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.