Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Mine Waste Management Team on a full-time basis based in Vancouver. You will have the opportunity to work as a part of a regional team on challenging mining, heavy civil, and geotechnical projects.
An overview of your role will include:
- Direct a wide variety of geotechnical and mine waste management projects, including field investigation, laboratory testing and interpretation; design and construction; geotechnical analysis; and dam safety inspections and reviews
- Direct and review geotechnical analyses with a focus on soil mechanics; provide technical expertise in your specialization
- Manage quality control and risks during geotechnical and design work, including critical review of results in coordination with Principals
- Direct or manage large, complex, and/or multidisciplinary projects according to client-approved scopes of work, and deliver high quality reports and drawings on time and within budget in coordination with Principals
- Maintain existing client relationships and develop new business opportunities
- Complete or review technical proposals and design work packages in response to client needs in coordination with Principals
- Coach and mentor junior and intermediate staff with respect to their career growth and professional development
- Participate in hiring, performance reviews, and training decisions
- Participate in development and implementation of Golder's mining business plan
- May be eligible for fast track Associate nomination depending on experience and fit
- Participate in and promote a safety-first culture
You will have the following skills and attributes:
- 15 years of relevant (post-degree) experience working in a consulting engineering or mining industry environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering, Master's Degree preferred
- Currently registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada
- Expertise in soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering, with a technical specialization
- Excellent technical writing, interpersonal communication, and emotional intelligence; ability to establish good relationships with clients and colleagues
- Strong, client-focused project direction and business development skills
- Ability to manage risk and have excellent engineering judgement
- Ability to effectively delegate work and lead diverse, interdisciplinary project teams
- Business acumen and leadership
- Spanish and/or French language skills (verbal and written) would be an asset
Benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.