Senior Petroleum Geologist
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder is driven by our purpose to deliver solutions to solve our customers' toughest challenges. From more than 165 offices worldwide, our over 6,500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, management, design and construction services across a range of market sectors.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Petroleum Geoscientist to join our Geoscience Modelling team on a full time/part time basis based in Bourne End, Buckinghamshire. The incumbent will be expected to have a high degree of autonomy within the team, to develop Golder's client and service portfolio within oil and gas sector.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with customers to deliver reservoir characterisation studies, including 3D structural modelling, fracture network models and geomechanics models;
- Proactive marketing of reservoir studies and software to clients and preparing bids;
- Working with our international team of scientists and engineers to innovate efficient and comprehensive workflows;
- Integration of geological, geophysical, geomechanical and production data sources in the modelling of reservoir structures and properties;
- Communication of study findings and recommendations to clients, stakeholders and peers;
- Managing projects and project teams;
- Promotion of the Golder developed FracMan Reservoir Edition software to clients;
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to more junior members of staff; and
- Staying up to date with technological advances and industry trends in the field of petroleum geoscience.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Self-starter with strong analytical, organisational and communication skills;
- Experience of delivering earth science related consultancy solutions in the oil & gas sector;
- Proficient in building geological models and navigating other's geological models for use in reservoir simulation, and to examine model uncertainties and limits.
- Proven track record of innovating solutions to characterisation of complex geologies;
- Experience with numerical modelling tools and techniques in 3D geological, geophysical, hydraulic, geomechanical, or fluid dynamics applications;
- A proficiency in uncertainty characterisation (probability theory, techniques and software);
- Confident in liaising with clients and managing professional relationships;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English, with the ability to both absorb and impart information;
- Excellent technical writing ability and reporting skills in English;
- Flexible and adaptable in approach to work;
- Master's degree or higher in an Earth or Physical Science related field;
- Eligibility to work in the UK;
- Full Driving License; and willingness to travel in the UK and internationally.
In addition, one or more of the following skills will strengthen the application:
- Fundamental understanding of reservoir geomechanics and/or hydraulics;
- An established profile and network of contacts in the sector; and
- Experience in constructing discrete fracture network models.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is an Equal Opportunity Employer