Senior Project Manager - Water / Wastewater treatment practice
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on crafting lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Due to continued rapid growth and expansion of the water group into Eastern Canada, we are seeking a Senior Project Manager for a Water and Wastewater Treatment practice in our Montreal office to continue our expansion of a highly successful group. You will be part of the Water Practice in Eastern Canada and will work with the Water Group Business Leader to develop clients, execute projects and work with staff in all Business Lines.
As a Senior Project Manager, you are accountable for managing client expectations, executing projects with a high level of efficiency, mentoring staff and supporting the performance and growth of the Business Group.
Business Development & Client Service:
- Identify and support key projects and opportunities in the Region.
- Support large pursuit action plans and initiatives.
- Actively participate in client functions, professional and/or industrial organizations to promote GHD brand.
- Support proposal preparation to improve success rate.
- Maintain and Support effective relationships with Business Group key clients.
- Collaborates with other business groups and leads staff for technical support on projects.
- Work with Water staff, Team Leads and the Business Group Leader to improve project delivery.
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and mentorship to engineers and technical staff in delivering ongoing municipal, water & wastewater projects.
- Demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the GHD HSE Management system.
- Act as Project Manager on appropriate projects.
- Monitor and manage project backlog, DSO, variances, and markups.
- Development of job/scope of work packages, budgets, and progress.
- Work with BGL to resource projects and in agreement with the Project Manager.
- Work in accordance with GHD’s Management Systems for Safety, Integrity, Quality, and Environment.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and project managers.
- Apply proven experience on municipal and industrial process projects to complete preliminary and detailed design of process and potable water supply, distribution and storage systems, pumping stations, and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Provide guidance and QA/QC on all engineering design, calculations, design briefs and technical reports for municipal and industrial process, masterplans, environmental assessments, and detailed design projects.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- University Engineering Degree;
- Member of OIQ;
- Minimum 12-15 years’ experience in Project Management, design and construction of water infrastructure projects;
- Having a well-established client base that preferably include major cities within the region;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, both oral and written;
- Fluently bilingual (English/French);
- Excellent people leadership & mentoring skills.