Senior Risk Consultant, Health and Safety (Mid-Senior Level)
ERM is looking for an intermediate EHS Consultant - Risk Management with practical experience in the industrial sector (mining, chemical, energy, oil and gas) to join our team in Montreal. The ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities in risk management processes to help our clients proactively respond to the technological risks they face.
As a mid-level risk management consultant, the chosen candidate will participate in risk analyses of varying levels of complexity. They will support clients in identifying and developing critical control management plans and participate in targeted audits on the effectiveness of measures to mitigate major risks for customers. The role will include quantitative assessments of the consequences and calculations of the probability of events. In addition, they will provide support to meet technological risk management needs, whether in our offices or at customer sites, locally, nationally and potentially internationally.
The chosen person will receive support, training and coaching from their team members throughout their career and will part of the global ERM network of sustainability professionals.
- Act as scribe and facilitator of hazard identification and risk analysis sessions (HAZID, What-if, HAZOP, Bowtie, LOPA).
- Carry out quantitative risk assessments (consequences modeling, probability calculations).
- Develop critical control management plans.
- Audit and issue recommendations on process safety management systems and health and safety management systems.
- Provide technical assistance for health and safety compliance projects, the development and implementation of management systems.
- Perform compliance audits and implement corrective follow-up measures to ensure compliance with regulatory frameworks.
- Support due diligence projects during mandates related to acquisitions and mergers that include technological risk components.
- Collaborate in writing technical proposals and contribute to business development with existing and potential customers.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering (ideally chemical engineering).
- 7 - 15 years of professional experience in a relevant field, focused on the mining, energy, oil and gas, or chemical sectors.
- Strong interest in sustainable development issues.
- Excellent aptitude for oral and written communication in French and English (oral and written aptitudes will be tested as part of the interview process).
- Interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with clients.
- Ability to work independently, while collaborating with a team, to accomplish complex tasks.
- Proven ability to interpret provincial and federal health and safety laws and regulations applicable in Quebec.
- Strong commitment to safety, including adherence to established health and safety protocols.
- Excellent communicator, has interpersonal and analytical skills, and work experience in writing technical reports.
- Experience in organizational management systems (OHSAS 18001/PSM) (either as a consultant or as a user) is an asset.
- Autonomous, ability to manage several files simultaneously, available to travel for frequent trips.
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!